Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Wonder Years

The Wonder Years - 2005
Kiran may hate me for this, but a little sip of nostalgia seemed appropriate. I absolutely love digging up those old photos that make you laugh and ask how you took yourself seriously.

Saving the world [what I thought could be considered that] has been an obsession for quite some time. I love to moan and groan about injustice and how we need some change. This year has altered that view, not in its necessity, but in understanding my self-overindulgence and limits.

Today, I'm thankful for the feeling of vulnerable smallness. For wonder. For receiving. For my own, be it terribly frustrating sometimes, frailty. I give thanks.



And, Lord, I will continue to thank thee for the Weepies.


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you posted this picture! On Friday night I confessed to Kiran how jealous I was of this sleepover photo shoot that you guys had. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this--it is too true, Nia. And Sizzle, that is so crazy!We need to have another!

    ReplyDelete