Friday, December 28, 2012

Orange Soup

I can't think of a Christmas or Thanksgiving without my mother's carrot soup. I have little kitchen expertise, and most of what I do is made up on the spot. But, here's an actual recipe that will warm your little winter soul.

Ginger Carrot Bisque

2 T butter
2 lbs. slice thinly carrot
2 lg. onions
1 T minced ginger
5 cps chicken stock
1 cp half & half
3 ts. grated orange peel
1/2 ts ground coriander
11/2 ts. cumin
1/4 t. white pepper
1/2 ts salt

Put the butter, onions, and carrots on low heat until soft. Then add ginger, orange peel, and coriander. Add 4 cps. stock. Cover to simmer till soft. Let cool. Puree with 1 more cup stock. Add half & half. Add remaining spices.

Gluten free, but definitely not vegan. I'm sure you could substitute with almond milk and some other stock.

Really great for colds and those windy chills.

1 comment: