Monday, October 14, 2013

On Calling It Quits

One of the things I have had the hardest time admitting in the last several years of my life is that sometimes I just can't do the thing I want to do.

At first I thought it was a motivation issue. I'm just not motivated enough....If I wanted it badly enough...If I had as much gumption as...woe. is. me.

Well, folks, it turns out that it's less a lack of personal prowess and more a realization that somethings just can't be controlled. Some things just don't work.

That is tough for me to say, because I have such a deep belief that the impossible can be possible. That the situations that others have given up will one day enter a new season of growth.

The problem is that I would like to control said situations and sometimes forget that if my free will were to dictate such redemption, it would not be redemption, but dictatorship. The joy of change is that it is chosen individually and corporately and that no one person can force another person - that is the power of the human spirit. It is both corruptible and glorious.

Now, in the realization of that, sometimes it seems as if it would be much easier to simply control myself - and I have tried. But, controlling ones's self is just as difficult.

So, a new season is beginning.

It is fall. The old is passing. The new is coming. See, I am looking for the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment